Due to the spread of Covid-19, many instruments have been down for prolonged periods and laboratories will require a thorough cleaning prior to starting the instruments. Here are the items to consider when cleaning your Micro-CT scanner prior to restarting.
- Clean the instrument on the outside, with the power off and disconnected.
- First clean the surfaces from dust with a wipe, vacuum, or air duster.
- Do not spray liquid directly onto the instrument, but instead use a sanitizing wipe or other appropriate measure such as spray directly on a cleaning rag. It is not advised to spray on the instrument directly as running liquid can get into electrical connections and cause issues.
- Clean the computer keyboard and mouse with a sanitizing wipe or a cleaning rag with sanitizing spray on it.
- Clean the micro-CT kit with a sanitizing wipe or a cleaning rag with sanitizing spray on it.
- After the outside is clean, the instrument can be turned on. Please check our article on How to restart your micro-CT after a prolonged shutdown.
- With the door open, the stage can be wiped clean of dust. Do NOT use compressed air inside the system and do not wipe or use any solvents to clean the gears and threads.
If you have any questions or concerns with cleaning your micro-CT system, please reach out to us at 610-366-7103 or email email@example.com. The Micro Photonics’ team will be happy to discuss the concern.