Computed Tomography Service Manager
Micro Photonics is the leading source of advanced non-destructive testing instrumentation for scientific and industrial research. Our instruments can be found in distinguished educational and industrial organizations ranging from biotechnology to medical devices, microelectronics to aerospace. Micro Photonics’ core business is focused on X-ray Micro-CT for 3D image characterization of materials and life science applications.
We are seeking to fill the position of Computed Tomography Service Manager. The role of the Service Manager will be to work with the Product Manager for our Micro-CT product line in after-sales support and extended warranty service. The service manager will have the opportunity to interact with some of the top research organizations in the country. The service manager will act as a technical consultant to the customer for instrumentation functionality, troubleshooting, and problem solving. Extensive travel within the U.S. will be required. Advanced job training in Belgium possible.
· Expand scientific knowledge through the support of our customers’ research
· Grow Service repair and warranty revenues
· Onsite customer visits to optimize instrument performance
· Advance customer’s research through troubleshooting and repair
· Provide after-sales guidance
· Instruct customers on proper use and care of Micro-CT instruments.
Ideal candidates should possess a strong aptitude for problem solving, be highly motivated to take on new challenges, and work well individually and with a team. A background in science or engineer is necessary with experience in instrument operation or computed tomography preferred. A key element of the applications specialist is to understand customers and their research goals, so good communications skills, both written and verbal, are required.
· Bachelors or graduate degree in science, engineering or bioengineering
· 1 to 2 years computed tomography experience preferred.
· Strong problem solving skills
· Good communication
· Willingness to travel